Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Cuddly Pom Kit



A few weeks ago, I saw this cute kit at the nearby craft store called a Cuddly Pom Kit. I couldn't resist getting one and giving it a whirl. Well, it's been left untouched for weeks until I stumbled upon it last night, so I decided to try it out today.
It was rather intimidating at first with all of the little pom poms (for each toe). That was a whole lot of glueing. I first tried to use the white school glue that is pictured. Well, a note to anyone that is going to try this... it didn't seem to work so well. It was taking forever to dry which is probably why it didn't stick to well (I kept peeking to see if it was dry). So, I pulled out the trusty glue gun, and ta-da.... I had to work fast but it turned out okay. (Sure, it didn't turn out exactly like the picture, but the pom poms were also different proportions than those on the in the picture... I can use that as an excuse, right?)


If you're curious, they also have this kit in other animals. I've seen a monkey, a dog, panda and penguin. All are super cute. I'd like to give this a shot without the kit sometime.







No comments:

Post a Comment