Thursday, October 30, 2008

Happy Halloween!

I like this time of year. Leaves are changing into colorful fall colors and Halloween is here with all of it's candy galore. Yum! Along with those sugary goodness, comes the office goodies, and department potlucks. Maybe it's weird, but I kind of like those department potlucks, mostly because you get to try all sorts of different recipes and they're always so good. So, obviously, today we had our department Halloween potluck party. :-) Since it was to celebrate Halloween, the idea was to bring our favorite scary food. As a result, lots of creativity ensued. We had dirt, green goblin goo, graveyard brownies, eyeballs, and lots of other stuff.

I decided to bring Harry Potter themed stuff that I found online. I couldn't decide on what to bring, so I brought a couple of things. Here's what I brought
  • Cockroach Clusters
  • Acid Pops & Blood Pops
  • Parchment Scrolls
  • Butterbeer

Recipes.

Cockroach Clusters


  • Semi-sweet or Dark or Milk chocolate (whichever you want)
  • condense milk
  • Chow mein Noodles

Melt the chocolate with a little condense milk in the microwave in 10 sec intervals mixing after each interval til it's melted and smooth. Throw the chow mein noodles in, and spoon out onto wax or parchment paper then just let harden.

Acid Pops

  • Sour Blow Pops
  • Pop Rocks
  • Wax Paper
Unwrap the blow pops, spray lightly with water, let dry just a bit, then sprinkle pop rocks on, and wrap the pops in wax paper. I would do these as close to serving time as possible tho, because the pop rocks will loose it's pop-piness after contact with some water.

The Blood Pops were from the store, Harry Potter special Blood Pops.

Parchment Scrolls

I grabbed this from the pillsbury website. Easy recipe that has pretty much 3 ingredients. Crescent rolls, pesto, and roasted bell pepper. Here's the link to the recipe.


Butterbeer
  • Cream soda
  • butterscotch ice cream syrup

Put about a cup of the cream soda in a glass, and several spoons of the butterscotch into the glass. Stir til the butterscotch has dissolved into the soda. Once dissolved, slowly add it back into the soda.

So, I hope you enjoy the Harry Potter foods, and have a great and fun Halloween!

2 comments:

Captain Monkeypants said...

How very, very awesome! I SO wish I could have been in your office yesterday. I've never seen the blood pops; where did you find them?...I have jelly slugs, every flavour beens, a chocolate frog and fizzing whizbees but no blood pops. I don't want to know what was in the goblin goo that someone bought though- sounds revolting :) Happy Halloween!

Fe said...

Hey Capt. Monkeypants: I found the Blood Pops at Rite Aid. Haven't tried them yet tho, it's supposed to turn your mouth red, so I'll wait til I'm giving out candy before I try it. I wanted to bring some Every Flavour Beans too, but Rite Aid didn't have those... boo. I want to try the fizzing whizbees, where did you find those? The goblin goo wasn't too bad: some green veggies, green tortollenis, and green sauce, actually quite tasty. :-) Happy Halloween to you too.

Post a Comment