Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Christmas Card Display


So this is another quick post. I'm starting to get a few christmas cards from my more than awesome friends, and decided to figure out a way to display them. I recently ran into this website that had a similar idea to hang cards. Unfortunately, I can't find that site anymore. Ugh! Anyway, I came up with my own method. So far it's working fine.

Here's what I did:

1. I cut ribbon into about 2' lengths. I used different ribbons, about 4 of them, but I'm sure you can use more.

2. I then put small pieces of double sticky tape on the ends. If you're going to cut the ribbon in longer lengths, I'll recommend putting a small amount of tape in the middle of the ribbons for support as well. For these, I didn't do so.

3. Put them on the wall.

4. Hang cards.

I know, I know... serious lack of pictures. I think this one is pretty easy to understand without the step by step tho. As a disclaimer, I only put it up this evening (about 3 hours ago) so I don't know for sure that the sticky tape will hold, but I'm thinking it will be fine.

The nice thing about this is that it's like a 3 minute project and it's fully expandable to whatever size you want it to be. Double sticky tape isn't bad on walls... is it?

[12/17/08 Update]: Remember that disclaimer? Well, I did have to put extra sticky tape in the middle of the ribbons because a few of the ribbons fell down after about 6 hours (the one with heavier cards). This morning they were all still up tho. :-)

2 comments:

Captain Monkeypants said...

Hey- I think I see a familiar card! :) Seriously- this is a great blog because I've been trying to figure out what to do with my cards- this is a GREAT idea and looks pretty as well as being functional. This blog is awesome!

Fe said...

Haha... awesome, I thought you might notice it. So, I just added an update because a couple of the cards fell down. The problem's been resolved, I hope.

Thanks for checking it out :-) and the card.

Post a Comment