Friday, June 5, 2009

First Harvest of the Year

Hi all,

Sorry for being MIA... again. I hope to give you some good blog entries in the next couple of days to make up for it.

As a quick post, I thought I'd share that we were able to have a good initial harvest today from our garden. We made a salad of carrots, beets, spinach, beet greens, and romaine lettuce. Delicious. There really isn't anything better than getting your salad straight from the garden.


Along with that, here's how the tomato plant is doing. It's starting to slowly fall downwards to be a hanging plant. The leaves are a bit on the light side that concerns me a bit. I think I need to add more nutrients to the plant to help it out a bit, and we just moved it to get more morning sun.

More to come soon. Stay tuned.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Fe,
Wow! We've been wondering about these hanging tomato plants. Jim wants to try it and says it's not too late yet this season. We'll see....

Anyway, garden looks good, Radar and Linc must be enjoying the weather, and am I pleasantly surprised and pleased about your sawing skills in making the 'rang.

Anyway, hope to see you sometime this summer. The pool is ready!

Jim & Julie

Fe said...

Julie,

Hey. Thanks for coming to visit my blog. :-) The topics are pretty scattered... a bit like my mind. I think you should definitely give the hanging plant a try. It's kinda nice that the bugs can't get to the tomatoes easily.

Thanks for the complement on my boomerang too. I wish I had more time to play around with my scroll saw. I plan on making a few more things soon.... stay tuned. ;-)

Hope to see you this summer too. Take care and tell Jim I said hi.

Heather said...

Great blog yyou have

Post a Comment