Sunday, February 21, 2010

Charity Baby Blanket - Granny Hexagon



Here is the second charity baby blanket I made for Project Night Night.  I call it a Granny Hexagon for the basic reason that I use a regular Granny Square pattern, but added a couple of side to make it a hexagon.

Here's the crochet pattern.

Ch 4. Join with slip st to form a ring.
Rnd 1: Ch. 3 (acts as first dc), 2 dc in ring, ch 2 (3 dc in ring, ch2) 5 times; join with slip st to first dc.
Rnd 2 and so on: Slip st in next 2 dc and in next ch-2 sp.  Ch 3 (2 dc, ch2, 3 dc) in same sp. (Ch 1, 3 dc) as many times as needed til you reach the next corner (on the round 2, this will only be 1 time). For all corners (except the starting corner), do (3 dc, 2 ch, 3dc ) in the same sp.  Continue round after round til you achieve the size of blanket you want.

That's it.  I hope this is right, as it is the first time I wrote down a pattern. Most of it was rewritten from a granny square pattern that I had.

I plan on sending these out in a the near future with the other blanket that I crocheted.
This bubble blanket also would have worked well for this charity.

No comments:

Post a Comment