Sunday, February 27, 2011

Minion Amigurumi

One of my new favorite movies is Despicable Me.  If you haven't seen it yet, totally check it out.  It's hilarious.  It's an animated film of an evil villian's (Gru - who isn't so evil afterall) plot to steal the moon.  Gru has a bunch of minions that help him out, and they're just so cute and funny.  Anyway, one of my goals this year was to try to make an amigurumi.  The task was a bit daunting to me because of all the stitches, but I found this awesome pattern for a Despicable Me minion and absolutely had to try it.

I didn't take many pictures on the process of making this so all you get is the finished product, but here are my minions.

Mark

Phil

And the two of them together.


Again, the pattern for the minion is here: http://wolfdreamer-oth.blogspot.com/2010/07/despicable-minion.html .  The pattern is a good starting point for making various minions for your very own army. Enjoy!

2 comments:

pepper said...

Oh My! AWESOME! I love this movie too, Gru rocks, and the accent just makes it. I'm going to blog about these ridiculously cute minions!
Pepper x

Fe said...

Thanks very much. I totally agree, Gru is awesome and the accent was just perfect. Thanks for coming by. :)

Post a Comment